Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport: a track sports car for 420 HPJanuary 4, 2019
The German brand will present two versions of the track car. The 718 Cayman GT4 will be available in the specification for the track amateur drivers, as well as in the sports version to participate in professional racing series.
Porsche’s Clubsport models are specifically designed for use within tracks. This time the German masters of automobile sports are ready to offer a new car – the 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport Trackday and Competition. As mentioned above, the first version is intended for those who like to drive fast on a local track, and the second version is designed to participate in racing series.
Both options will receive a 3.5-liter inline six-cylinder turbo engine capable of developing up to 420 horsepower and 425 Nm of torque. A six-speed automatic transmission with double clutch or manual transmission which works in tandem with it. Also, the sports car is equipped with a rear differential lock. The front suspension is borrowed from the racing 911 GT3 Cup.
Of course, one should not expect much comfort from a racing car. The GT4 Clubsport received a hollow-tube spatial safety cage to FIA specifications, a Recaro racing seat with six-point seat belts, an emergency sunroof, and a Cosworth dashboard with telemetry recording.
The cost of 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport Trackday is 134,000 euros, and the version of Competition will cost from 157,000 euros.
- “Piece of cheese” with a jet engine sells for the price of a Kia Ceed
- The most powerful Toyota Camry against two “charged” Honda
- The rarest BMW M1 of the creator of the Boney M group will be sold at auction for 435,000 pounds sterling
- Polestar will put three new cars on the conveyor of a plant in China
- Images of the off-road Ford EcoSport Active 2021 appeared on the web