Polestar electric cars will have more recyclables and natural materialsFebruary 11, 2020
Polestar will resort to the use of recycled products and materials of plant origin for interior decoration of its cars. They make it possible to significantly reduce the weight of the car, partially abandon polymers and reduce the carbon footprint in the production process.
As noted in the Swedish company, the next step towards reducing harmful emissions will be the expansion of the use of recyclables and natural components in the car interior.
Instead of plastic panels, experts suggested using Bcomp composites based on flax fibers, and upholstery in armchairs from threads that are obtained after processing PET bottles. The interior details developed from them are 50% lighter than simple ones, and they also contain 80% less polymers.
The source of eco-materials will also be waste from the winemaking and fishing industries: a cork tree mixed with polyvinyl chloride will become a biocomposite for decorative interior panels, and old fishing nets will turn into nylon rugs.
- Schumacher was taken from a house in Switzerland
- Mercedes-AMG unveils sports stroller
- GMC Terrain and Chevy Equinox crossovers can be purchased with a new engine
- Watch the blistering acceleration of a 700-horsepower VW Sharan minivan
- Showed the luxury Chinese supercrossover HiPhi X