Pirelli named the cause of tire punctures at SilverstoneAugust 5, 2020
Pirelli has summed up the investigation of front left wheel punctures on cars belonging to Lewis Hamilton, Valtteri Bottas and Carlos Sainz in the race at Silverstone.
As noted in Pirelli, the puncture is due to a simple coincidence. Thus, the company reports that during the second exit of the safety car, almost all teams decided to pit-stop earlier than planned, as a result of which the tires were worn out. In addition, the situation was negatively affected by the significantly increased speed of Formula 1 cars in 2020.
Due to difficult conditions of use, a high load fell on the front left tire, as a result of which it punctured at Silverstone.
Pirelli, in particular, announced plans to bring a softer combination of C2, C3 and C2 tires to the second race in the UK. To avoid risk and reduce the load, the specialists promised to increase the pressure in the tires.
- This heavily modified BMW i8 Roadster costs $ 140,000
- In Brazil, a warehouse of 96 Chevrolet cars from the 90s was found in one shed
- DAMD tuning studio unveils updated Daihatsu Taft with Land Rover Defender design
- Chevy, Ford and Toyota Prepare 3 Race Car Debuts for NASCAR
- Mercedes-Benz has started deliveries of the premium Actros Edition 2 truck