Pirelli calendar for 2021 canceled due to coronavirusMarch 25, 2020
Tire maker Pirelli has decided to cancel filming the next issue of its famous calendar in connection with the coronavirus pandemic. The company announced that instead of filming, they will donate 100 thousand euros to fight COVID-19.
“The release of the Pirelli calendar has been canceled before: in 1967, and also from 1975 to 1983. Now the unprecedented situation with COVID-19 has forced us to do this again. We will return to the project as soon as the time comes, with the same partners who have worked with us until today, ”said Marco Tronchetti Provera, chairman of the board of directors of Pirelli.
The Pirelli calendar began to be published in 1964. The first issue, which was created by Robert The Freeman, an official photographer for The Beatles, was very successful, and the company decided to publish it annually. However, from 1975 to 1983, the calendar was not issued due to the oil crisis.
The calendar for 2020 was dedicated to the search for Juliet, the heroine of the famous play by William Shakespeare. Emma Watson, Chris Lee, Claire Foy, Mia Goth, Kristen Stewart, Yara Shahidi, Rosalia and Stella Roversi took part in the filming, which lasted about six months.
- The new polymer electrolyte will increase the power reserve of electric vehicles by up to 50%
- Musk announced the launch of Tesla’s own insurance company
- Musk: “Tesla’s autopilot is already taking me to work almost independently”
- Ducati unveils a new electric bike for every occasion
- Musk wants mining companies to mine more nickel