Pierre Goesley: Improved conditions took surpriseMarch 16, 2019
In the qualification before the Australian Grand Prix, Pierre Gusley dropped out of the fight already in the first session after he did not leave for the final attempt.
Pierre Gusley: “We were overly optimistic when we decided not to leave for a try. The team did not expect that the state of the track will improve so much, and the breaks in the peloton will be extremely small. All this is very annoying, because in the morning workout I felt very confident, and in the qualification I was satisfied with the fast lap, giving Max only fifteen hundredths. Improved conditions on the track took us by surprise.
Now we are not as fast as we would like, but we gradually add from session to session – however, Mercedes and Ferrari are far ahead of us. Let’s see what will happen next. The race promises to be difficult, last year in Melbourne there were only four overtaking. From my starting position it will be difficult to fight, but the main thing is to maintain a positive attitude. The key task for me is to gain experience, but I will still try to play a few positions. ”
- Ford Bronco now available with 7-speed manual transmission
- Mercedes has decided to postpone the premiere of the electric crossover EQA
- Drag racing: Porsche 911 Carrera S or Chevy Camaro ZL1
- Engine of 3000-horsepower diesel truck explodes on dyno
- Nissan Maxima received an anniversary special version