Pickups for the first time in history became more popular than cars in AmericaMay 7, 2020
For the first time in history, sales of pickups in the US market exceeded the sales volume of passenger cars. Small trucks became more popular than passenger cars in April. Such information on Wednesday, May 6, shared the agency Bloomberg.
As a result of April, the United States sold 186.4 thousand pickups. Sales of passenger cars for the same period amounted to 169.2 thousand units.
As noted, the increased popularity of pickups is due to several factors. First, many pickups were purchased by residents of the central part of the country, where restrictions due to coronavirus were introduced later than in coastal states. Secondly, interest in trucks is also due to favorable conditions. So, certain models have the opportunity to take a loan for 7 years.
At the same time, total sales in America declined significantly in April. In March, 211.8 thousand pickups and 269.4 thousand passenger cars were purchased in the country.
- Tesla offered independent European services to get official status
- Range Rover Electric Confirmed, Jaguar XJ Delayed
- Volkswagen will produce 500 thousand electric crossovers a year
- The hydrogen truck Mercedes-Benz GenH2 will have a range of 1000 km
- Porsche launches 2.1 MWh mobile charging station