Pickup Nissan Frontier received a new engineFebruary 6, 2020
The current version of the pickup will receive a 3.8-liter V6.
The release of a new generation of Nissan Frontier pickup will take place later, but the company found a solution. It should be noted that the “old” model is popular, so in 2020 will receive a new power unit.
Under the hood of the model is a 3.8-liter V6 engine with direct fuel injection of 310 horsepower and a torque of 281 lb-ft, which is 49 horsepower more than the previous 4.0-liter V6. Also, the new engine replaces the standard 2.5-liter unit.
Together with the new engine, there is a 9-speed automatic transmission and rear-wheel drive, which remains standard. All-wheel drive system is optional. The body style with different cab options will remain unchanged.
In addition, the model will lose the SL version, and the S, SV and Pro-4X trim levels will still be available to customers. There are also other changes for Frontier 2020 – these are several new features that will be included in the “base”: starting the engine with a button and power windows.
The new model will appear next year, according to Nissan, but at the moment, Frontier customers will have to agree to a new engine in an old truck.
- 1991 Ford Bronco, which has not been removed from the factory film, is for sale
- A prototype of the updated Honda Accord 2021 was spotted on tests
- Hyundai will have a division to develop walking machines
- Tesla Model 3 for the police paid for itself in a year
- Chery Arrizo Star showed ample customization options