Peugeot will present the new 208 at the Geneva Motor ShowFebruary 5, 2019
Peugeot is hard at work on the release of the new generation of the compact hatchback 208, which is expected to debut at the upcoming March Geneva Motor Show with a number of innovations.
Peugeot strives to become the first automaker to launch a super-compact model with a full line of power plants – gasoline, diesel and all-electric. It was the last and was filmed on winter tests.
The exterior style of the model draws inspiration from the larger 308th, when it comes to proportions, as well as from the 508th, when referring to the design of headlights and taillights. Inside the Peugeot 208, a new infotainment system, communication and driver assistance systems, as well as semi-autonomous driving systems are expected.
The second generation of the hatchback is built on a modular CMP platform, which gives more space for both the cabin and the installation of the electric motor. And although Peugeot keeps the technical characteristics of the electric motor secret, according to the latest information, it will offer mileage on a single charge of about 300 kilometers.
- Rolls-Royce ground tests of the fastest electric aircraft
- Locomation to equip 1,120 trucks with self-driving technology with a caravan
- Formula E and Extreme E Series Creator Presents E1 Electric Racing Boat Championship
- Startup Canoo unveils its skateboard platform for electric vehicles with a sandy skatecart buggy
- Tesla Model 3 logbook: 160,000 km in 2 years, low cost of ownership ($ 4,730) and minimal battery degradation