Peugeot, Citroen and Opel shut down plants across EuropeMarch 17, 2020
Businesses are shutting down due to the coronavirus epidemic.
Recently, our portal talked about the fact that it was decided to introduce quarantine at the Lamborghini and Fiat plants because of the coronavirus. Now it became known that the list of enterprises that stopped their conveyors was replenished with the European plants of the PSA Group alliance. Recall that under the wing of this concern Peugeot, Citroen, Opel and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles work. According to the press service of the PSA Group, which officially announced the suspension of the concern’s factories in the Old World, the company is planning to close 12 production sites in total.
At enterprises in French Mulhouse and Spanish Madrid, quarantine began the day before, on March 16. Until Thursday, all European plants of the PSA Group will temporarily stop their conveyor. The factories will remain closed until March 27.
Among the reasons that influenced the adoption of this decision are the spread of coronavirus, disruptions in the supply of the necessary automotive components, as well as a drop in demand in leading global car markets.
- Forgotten 70s Aston Martin supercar to be restored
- Classic Bentley Blower was assembled from Lego parts
- Nissan starts production of the updated crossover Qashqai
- Acura RDX crossover will be available in an exclusive PMC Edition
- Photos of the Genesis GV70 cross-country salon appeared on the network