Peugeot 308 will become a 300-strong hybridMay 5, 2020
Peugeot Corporation is preparing a new generation model 308, which is expected to appear no earlier than 2022. With a change of generation, the hatchback will acquire an improved variation of the EMP2 architecture.
In addition to the usual Peugeot 308 and versions with electrified powertrains, the model will receive a “hot” hybrid option. The base for an all-wheel drive hatchback will be a 1.6-liter turbo engine, with which 2 electric motors will operate – one on each axis. Like the “sister” 3008 PHEV, the power unit’s performance will be over 304 hp.
The new model will compete with the “charged” Golf R, which will also receive a hybrid powertrain.
The hybrid Peugeot 308, which creates the new Peugeot Sport Engineered (PSE) division, will have a stiffer suspension and performance brakes. Perhaps the model will not get a GTi nameplate – it will be reserved for a hot hatch based on 208.
- Ford Mondeo successor could be such an off-road station wagon
- Elevate kit converts mountain bikes to electric
- Nikola Founder Leaves Company Due to Fraud Allegations
- In the US, began the production of electric buses that will help schools earn money
- Tesla will earn at least $ 200 billion a year from energy storage