Paul Espargaro: Zarko did not understand that different bikes behave differentlyFebruary 1, 2020
KTM factory racer Paul Espargaro is confident that his teammate Joan Zarko’s problems in the past season were related to differences in the behavior of different brands of motorcycles.
Two-time Moto2 champion left the Austrian team in the middle of last season, only once in 13 races finishing in the top 10.
“Sometimes it happens that a rider easily adapts to a particular motorcycle and then imagines that all motorcycles behave the same,” said Espargaro in an interview with Speedweek. – In fact, the nature of the motor often determines the level of performances of the rider himself. If your style of piloting does not match the nature of the technique, you have to make considerable efforts.
I think that’s why Zarko didn’t succeed in KTM: he could not come to terms with the idea that motorcycles are different. The KTM behaves quite differently from the Yamaha or Honda. Each brand has its own strengths and weaknesses. But the most important thing is still the engine. It depends on his character whether the rider can handle the motorcycle or not. If not, don’t expect anything good. ”
- Forgotten 70s Aston Martin supercar to be restored
- Classic Bentley Blower was assembled from Lego parts
- Nissan starts production of the updated crossover Qashqai
- Acura RDX crossover will be available in an exclusive PMC Edition
- Photos of the Genesis GV70 cross-country salon appeared on the network