Pat Symonds: We didn’t ask from PirelliJuly 17, 2019
In the 2021st Formula 1 will use tires on 18-inch wheels, but what should be the characteristics of these tires – the FIA has not yet decided …
Pat Symonds, technical director of the FIA: “I think in recent years we have asked from Pirelli is not what was needed. Tires with high wear – the road to nowhere, but we do not yet have a clear idea of what rubber should be in 2021. We discuss the characteristics of tires, conduct modeling, take into account a variety of factors.
We believe that pit stops are very important in Formula 1. Fans like when mechanics change tires in a couple of seconds – we want to keep this element of intrigue. We could ask the tire makers to make the same tires as in Le Mans, allowing you to drive a huge distance without loss of efficiency, but then we will lose the need for pit stops. “
Tire tests on 18-inch wheels for the 2021 season at Pirelli plan to start in September.
- Exclusive Lamborghini Aventador SVJ 63 Roadster covered with protective film
- There was a teaser for the Italian supercar Taraschi Berardo
- Beijing Radiance concept unveiled at Beijing Auto Show
- 2021 Dacia Sandero and Logan unveiled
- Genesis has published the first official photos of the crossover GV70