Participation in this series no longer suits us. Aston Martin leaves DTMJanuary 25, 2020
Three months before the start of the new DTM season, the R-Motorsport Aston Martin team announced their departure from the German bodywork championship.
The Swiss team, which received an exclusive license from Aston Martin to develop the Vantage race car, failed its first and, as it turned out, only year in the DTM. There was no talk of competition with Audi and BMW. Only once the car of the British brand was in the top five at the finish.
“We reviewed our racing program and set new priorities. Participation in the DTM is no longer suitable for us, ”commented Florian Kamelger, Head of R-Motorsport.
The departure of the R-Motorsport Aston Martin means that in the DTM for the first time since 2011 there will be only two manufacturers: Audi and BMW.
- Searches carried out at Continental’s German offices
- FCA may resurrect a long-forgotten model name
- GM threatens release of Nikola Badger electric pickup truck
- Red Bull will independently produce motors until 2026
- Subaru Forester Sport gets a new turbocharged engine