Participation in this series no longer suits us. Aston Martin leaves DTMJanuary 25, 2020
Three months before the start of the new DTM season, the R-Motorsport Aston Martin team announced their departure from the German bodywork championship.
The Swiss team, which received an exclusive license from Aston Martin to develop the Vantage race car, failed its first and, as it turned out, only year in the DTM. There was no talk of competition with Audi and BMW. Only once the car of the British brand was in the top five at the finish.
“We reviewed our racing program and set new priorities. Participation in the DTM is no longer suitable for us, ”commented Florian Kamelger, Head of R-Motorsport.
The departure of the R-Motorsport Aston Martin means that in the DTM for the first time since 2011 there will be only two manufacturers: Audi and BMW.
- Charged Hyundai Sonata N-Line debuts on April 20
- Showed a 100-kilometer “cemetery” of rental cars
- Porsche workers asked to refuse bonuses for the fight against coronavirus
- New BMW 4-Series Coupe May Show Online Summer In Summer
- KIA introduced the new Kia Karnival minivan for testing