Panasonic and Tesla interrupt battery productionMarch 23, 2020
Panasonic Stops US Tesla Battery Factory
The day before, Elon Musk said that activities in Gigafactory 1 will continue as usual. However, according to the latest statement from Panasonic on March 21, 2020, a forced break in an enterprise in the US state of Nevada will begin this week and will last at least two weeks. According to Panasonic, during a break in production for about 3,500 employees will be saved wages.
Tesla announced earlier this week that it would cease operations at its automobile plant in Fremont, California on March 24. California and Nevada are two of four states that have announced additional emergency measures to control the spread of coronavirus. New York and Illinois are the next to decide to do the same.
- Green Ferrari collection put up for sale
- Volkswagen accused of unfair competition
- Hybrid hypercar McLaren Saber showed on patent images
- Hengchi 1 electric sedan production begins in China
- Volkswagen Group uses Audi brand to catch up with Tesla in electric vehicle production