Paddy Lowe left WilliamsMarch 7, 2019
The former technical director of Mercedes Paddy Lowe came to Williams as the team’s “savior”, becoming its technical director and shareholder, with the prospect of leaving Sir Frank Williams to head the team, but everything went wrong.
The first car, built under Paddy for Williams at the expense of Lawrence Stroll, Martini and other sponsors last season, turned out to be extremely unsuccessful – the team finished it in last place in the Constructors’ Championship, and in 2019 did not have time to prepare the car for the start of winter tests. for design errors – and Paddy said he was going on vacation.
Nine days before the start of the 2019 season, Paddy resigned. The team confirmed the withdrawal of Low for “personal reasons,” and the resignation took effect immediately.
Subsequent changes in team leadership will be announced later.
- Volkswagen is working on a compact crossover ID.1
- Mitsubishi completes production of the world’s first mass-produced electric car
- The perfect self-driving taxi Muvone presented in the coronavirus pandemic
- Amphicar small-capacity convertible amphibious will be on sale
- Ford is testing a manual version of the Bronco SUV