Pablo Quintanilla won the 2019 Atacama Rally; Sam Sunderland is the 2019 Cross Country World ChampionSeptember 9, 2019
Pablo Quintanilla showed a high level at the Atacama rally, while second place allowed Sam Sunderland to take the championship title at the 2019 Cross Country World Championships.
At the beginning of the fifth, final day, Pablo Quintanilla had a slight 54-second advantage. All participants were expected to 184.59-km special section. Pablo started fifth, so he was just trying to catch up with rivals in the dunes of the Atacama desert. He kept a high pace and, ultimately, finished with a margin of two minutes ahead of Juan Barred.
Kintanilla returned perfectly after an injury at a Dakar rally.
“I am very, very happy. I didn’t think I could win in Chile, says Pablo. “Five very hard days, but I did it and I feel great.” I could not dream of a better return after eight hard months outside the saddle of a motorcycle. I came back and won the home race “
Sam Sunderland designed the league title for the stage until the end of the championship. He has a great season. Won the rally of Abu Dhabi and the Silk Road. At Atacama rally, the Briton finished in the top three at all stages.
Atacama Rally Results 2019:
Pablo Quintanilla (Husqvarna) 15:15:59
Sam Sunderland (KTM) 15:19:55
Joan Barreda (Honda) 15:24:20
Toby Price (KTM) 15:27:23
Kevin Benavides (Honda) 15:31:40
Ricky Brabec (Honda) 15:37:20
Matthais Walkner (KTM) 15:43:10
Andrew Short (Husqvarna) 15:43:53
Jose Cornejo (Honda) 15:49:16
Luciano Benavides (KTM) 15:54:51
- PSA confirms Citroen will not participate in WRC in 2022
- Under the influence of Greta Tumberg: Schwarzenegger increased the environmental friendliness of his rogue Pinzgauer 6×6 718 K
- The new BMW i4 will be more powerful than the “charged” BMW M3
- Ferrari will slow down the pace of lineup expansion in 2020
- The Chinese released a crossover with a fuel consumption of 1.3 liters per 100 kilometers