Over 10 million cars will be recalled due to Takata airbagsJanuary 9, 2020
In America, they are going to announce the largest revocable car campaign in history, which will affect approximately 10 million cars. This information was shared by the Reuters portal, relying on the US Highway Traffic Safety Agency (NHTSA).
Cars of 14 automakers will be sent for completely free repair, in particular, Audi, BMW, Chevrolet, Ferrari, Ford, Mazda and Nissan, which have Takata airbags with defective gas generators. Due to the increased humidity over a long period, their body cracks and in the event of an accident metal fragments fly into the passenger compartment.
The exact number of vehicles recalled is currently unknown. Since 2015, 41.6 million cars with defective Takata airbags have been recalled in the United States. According to the NHTSA, a total of at least 24 cases were recorded in the country with a fatal outcome from the malfunction of airbags, in turn, 290 people were injured.
In addition, it was recently reported that Mercedes recalls 750,000 of its own cars. Large-scale recall will affect 4 models produced from 2001 to 2011.
- New large pickup Maxus T90 showed before the official debut
- 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee five-door spotted in tests
- Lynk & Co 07 flagship crossover spotted in road tests for the first time
- Interior view: impudent kid Abarth 500 drives on the Autobahn
- Volkswagen ID.3 electric car could get an open-top version