Ott Tyanak: We hit a bump that wasn’t written in the transcriptJanuary 26, 2020
Hyundai’s WRC factory team racer Ott Tyanak spoke about the accident that ended his performance at the first stage of the season in Monte Carlo.
The current world champion wrote off the brand new Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC on SU4, flying out of the track at great speed. Fortunately, Tyanak and his navigator, Martin Järveoya, avoided injuries, but still had to spend the night in the hospital.
“We hit a bump that was not written in the transcript – obviously, I didn’t notice it during the review,” – the Estonian said in an interview with WRC Live. “I suppose we drove there too fast, and this bump moved the car off the trajectory.” Another roughness finished off us and sent us to the ditch.
Fortunately, all protective measures worked perfectly, the safety cage withstood the load, and we have no injuries. Usually I get to the finish line in Monte Carlo, but it’s okay – we must accept this result and begin to recoup. ”
- Volkswagen will release a new large SUV
- Karma presented a proprietary platform for hybrids
- Which car sounds better? Chevy Corvette C8 or Challenger Hellcat?
- Hyundai introduced the “charged” crossovers Palisade N and Nexo N
- Who is better off-road – Ford Ranger, VW Amarok or Toyota Hilux?