Ott Tyanak strengthened leadership ahead of final day Rally GermanyAugust 25, 2019
Toyota racer Ott Tyanak came off even more in the general classification by the end of the second day of the Rally Germany, while his main pursuers ran into problems.
In the first of four special stages after lunch, Thierry Neuville struck the wheel, because of which he rolled away from the second to fifth place at once and lost one and a half minutes relative to the leader. And at the last special stage, the current world champion Sebastien Ogier, who was now only eighth with an eight-minute lag, became the victim of a puncture.
After two days the main pursuer of Tyanak is Chris Mick, but the Irishman loses to his partner for half a minute. In the third place was another Toyota racer Jari-Matti Latvala, 29 seconds ahead of Dani Sordo on Hyundai. Sordo is 24 seconds ahead of Neuville, but, given the situation in the championship, he will surely miss his partner before the finish.
On Sunday, participants in the Rally Germany will overcome four special stages with a total length of 79.7 km. The final additional starts at 13:18 Moscow time.
- Carlex Design atelier unveiled the exterior of the new Land Rover Defender
- New Haval H6 will receive a hybrid power plant
- A motorhome based on the Hummer H1 SUV went on sale
- Genesis has decided on the date of the debut of the new crossover GV70
- Ex-Tesla employee will pay the automaker $ 400 thousand to reveal trade secrets