Opel Introduces Corsa-e Rally ConceptSeptember 9, 2019
Opel has released photos of the all-new rally version of the Corsa-e EV.
This is actually a concept. The model is a rally car for the ADAC Opel e-Rally Cup, which is considered the world’s first rally electric car. Based on the Corsa-e road car, the Opel Corsa-e Rally will replace the Opel Adam version in rally stages. The electric transmission delivers 136 horsepower and 260 Nm of torque. Front-wheel drive model.
It is estimated that the Opel Corsa-e Rally will cost significantly less than $ 55,165. The Corsa-e Rally is equipped with the same 50 kWh battery as the road version of the car. Features of the model are related to the rally: a specially designed suspension, an integrated safety cage, an electric fire extinguisher, bucket seats, a motorsport display with a data logger, quick-release hood mounts and much more.
The development of the rally version is currently underway in Rüsselsheim, based on the Opel e-Rally Cup. The participation of the model in rally racing is planned for 2020/2021. Initially, the model Opel Corsa-e Rally plans to participate in the German rally championship. The start of production of the serial version is scheduled for the summer of 2020.
- The network got the first images of the new low-cost crossover Renault
- Ford and Volkswagen team up to create a seven-seater frame SUV
- The first photos of the updated VW Golf GTI without camouflage appeared
- Look at the Mercedes-Benz X-Class with AMG-style tuning
- The Chinese showed a luxury electric sedan the size of a Hyundai Sonata