Opel decided to return to the Japanese marketFebruary 18, 2020
The German automaker plans to resume its sales in this country next year. This step is fully consistent with the current plan for the development of the brand, which is increasing its export influence.
Opel will start selling its products in the Japanese car market after 15 years of absence. Information about this appeared in the relevant media. It is known that the Germans will begin to acquaint the Japanese with their model line in 2021. For the first time, the brand will launch three models on the market – the new Opel Corsa, the universal combo Combo Life and the Grandland X crossover. Japan will help the German brand increase its world exports. In any case, such a bet is made in the company.
In general, by 2022, the brand should immediately declare itself in 20 new regional markets.
Recall that Opel cars were in good demand among Japanese motorists in the late 90s. The brand showed the best sales result in 1996 – 38 thousand new cars. The last year for Opel in the Japanese car market was the 2006th. Then auto brands sold in the amount of only 1,800 copies.
- US Post Provider Will Build Military Trucks
- The head of Citroen predicted a drop in the popularity of diesel engines in the next 3-4 years
- Ford E-Transit electric van prepares for testing in summer 2022
- Jaguar chief designer leaves in anticipation of brand’s switch to electric vehicles
- Mitsubishi has reduced its presence in the Chinese auto industry