Only two models were able to get the highest IIHS rating in the basic versionMay 27, 2019
The US Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has tightened tests for safety, including not only checking design reliability in various scenarios that simulate collisions, but also evaluating the effectiveness of headlights and emergency braking systems.
As a result, in 2019 only two cars – Honda Insight and Genesis G90 – were able to get the highest safety rating “Top Safety Pick +” already in the base version. The remaining 28 holders of the “Top Safety Pick +” rating required to obtain it with optional equipment.
The fact is that the main stumbling block was the new test headlights. In order to get the highest rating, the rating for it should not be lower than “acceptable”, which is difficult given to most models.
- Charged hatchback Kia K3 GT / Cerato photographed in close-up
- Drag racing: BMW E46 M3 vs Mazda MX-5 Miata
- Announced the start date of sales of the coupe Volkswagen Tiguan X
- Kia postpones debut of facelifted Sportage to April 2021
- 2022 Ford Raptor details revealed