Only two models were able to get the highest IIHS rating in the basic versionMay 27, 2019
The US Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has tightened tests for safety, including not only checking design reliability in various scenarios that simulate collisions, but also evaluating the effectiveness of headlights and emergency braking systems.
As a result, in 2019 only two cars – Honda Insight and Genesis G90 – were able to get the highest safety rating “Top Safety Pick +” already in the base version. The remaining 28 holders of the “Top Safety Pick +” rating required to obtain it with optional equipment.
The fact is that the main stumbling block was the new test headlights. In order to get the highest rating, the rating for it should not be lower than “acceptable”, which is difficult given to most models.
- A prototype of the updated 2022 Mercedes-Benz C-Class captured
- Porsche tests the powerful Cayman GT4 RS coupe
- Bloodhound will not be able to set a new world speed record
- Details of the updated Toyota Prius have become known
- Drone photographed the mysterious Tesla at a factory in the United States