On the sixth day of the tests, F-1 Sainz set a new recordFebruary 28, 2019
During the morning session, the Spaniard surpassed the record time last week on the softest tires. And until the end of the day, no one overtook him. Vettel had an accident, and the car “Alfa Romeo” stopped on the track. The events were followed by Motosport.
The sixth day of the pre-season tests was very intense, considering not only the speed record of Carlos Sainz, but also the red flags, which were raised many times on Wednesday, February 27. Sebastian Vettel got into an accident at the third turn, clinging to the front of the car for the fence. As described in the Ferrari, the reason was the breakdown of the rim of the rim. The driver himself was not injured, but the car needed repair, which took several hours.
Because of this, Charles Leclaire only entered the track at the end of the day and managed to skate one lap, so he did not show the time. Red flags also appeared due to the stopping of Sainz and Verstappen cars in the first half of the day, and Raikkonen just before the end of the races.
At the end of the day was the leader of the pilot McLaren with a score of 1: 17,144. Together with Kubica, he also drove the greatest number of laps – 130. Racing Point pilot Sergio Perez took the second place with a margin of 0.698 seconds. Vettel, skated day on tires C3, shifted to the third line – 1: 18,195.
4) Kimi Raikkonen – 1: 18,209
5) Romain Grosjean – 1: 18,330
6) Max Verstappen – 1: 18,395
7) Daniel Kvyat – 1: 18,682
8) Valtteri Bottas – 1: 18,941
9) Lewis Hamilton – 1: 18,943
10) Nico Hulkenberg – 1: 19,056
11) Robert Kubica – 1: 19,367
12) Daniel Riccardo – 1: 22,597
- Nissan showed all-electric crossover Ariya
- Tesla Model 3 lost a bumper on the go
- Electro-crossover Fisker Ocean will receive the Volkswagen platform
- Budget electric crossover from Renault / Dacia shown on patent images
- The new Kia Sportage first captured on the road