On the Internet demonstrated the underwater Lotus EliseDecember 9, 2019
Rinspeed sQuba is a submarine developed on the basis of Lotus Elise.
One of the most famous developers of unique prototypes is Rinspeed. She even built a diving car. On the YouTube channel, Barcroft Cars decided to recall a non-standard car.
Having examined the car, I immediately remember the 1977 James Bond film “The Spy Who Loved Me”, where the famous agent hides under the water with the help of the improved Lotus Esprit.
In 2008, the Rinspeed sQuba was shown in Geneva. The car, which is based on the Lotus Elise, has undergone not only technical, but also external changes. SQuba has the ability to operate on public roads and under water. To conquer the expanses of water behind the car has a couple of screws.
The instrument panel displays information about the speed on the road and the depth under water. SQuba is powered by electricity, and the driver and passengers can use masks and oxygen tanks. An open top is needed to lighten the structure and create a stronger effect from immersion in water.
But this machine was developed in a single copy, since its construction requires about 1,500,000 dollars. Probably, SQuba will go down in history as an exclusive car built only for very wealthy car enthusiasts.
- In November, the BMW Group unveiled the appearance of the production electric car BMW iX
- BMW announces pricing for new 128ti in Australia
- 816 forces and 3.6 seconds to 100 kph: the most powerful Ford pickup from Hennessey is presented
- Prices for most powerful variant of Toyota RAV4 PHEV announced
- 54-year-old Volkswagen minibus with Tesla electric motor to compete in the lottery