Old Formula 1 car sold for a record amountJuly 9, 2019
27 years ago, this car was piloted by the champion of Formula 1 Nigel Mansell
Williams-Renault FW14B car found a new owner in the Bonhams auction, which took place last weekend at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. The car of 1992 was sold for 3.37 million dollars – a record for the Williams car.
1992 was a victorious year for the team: he brought the champion title to Nigel Mansell, and Williams-Renault brought the Championship of designers. In the movement of the car leads a 3.5-liter engine Renault RS3 V10 with a capacity of 760 horsepower. Behind the wheel of this car Mansell spent six races in a season, in five of which he won.
Until last weekend, the car was at Williams, and after the auction it was transferred to a private collector, whose name is not called.
The auction also sold the 2001 Lister Storm GT1 for 580,000 dollars, and the cheapest lot was the 1964 Austin-Healey 3000 worth 286,000 dollars
- First race of the Mercedes-AMG hatch and its competitors
- In 2020, riders will receive an additional MGU-K
- Starting fees for next season exceed $ 18 million.
- Look at the Lotus submarine that inspired Elon Musk on Cybertruck
- Acura Crosses Its First SUV With The Last