Officially: The Chinese phase of Formula E is postponed indefinitelyFebruary 2, 2020
On February 2, Formula E organizers issued an official statement stating that the race in Sanya was postponed indefinitely due to the 2019-nCov coronavirus outbreak.
“In view of the further spread of coronavirus and after consultation with the relevant departments of Hainan province and the municipality of Sanya Formula E, FIA, the Federation of Automobile and Motor Sports of the People’s Republic of China and our regional partner Enova Holdings jointly decided not to carry out the stage scheduled for March 21, 2020, – said in a statement. – Based on the interests of the healthcare sector and on the basis of WHO’s decision to declare an emergency of international importance in connection with the epidemic, Formula E takes all possible measures to ensure the health and safety of its employees, participants in the championship and spectators, which is of paramount importance.
We work closely with regional partners and local authorities, monitoring the situation as it develops. All parties are ready to spend the necessary amount of time studying the likelihood of the race being held on other dates if the situation improves. ”
- Mercedes-Benz recalls 270,000 C-Class cars over potential fire
- Volvo will turn its hometown into a green polygon by 2030
- Hydrogen hypercar Hyperion XP-1 spotted on trials in Las Vegas
- Updated crossover Kia Sportage will be presented in 2021
- Coupe-cross Volkswagen Tiguan X is sold much worse than the standard version