Officially: Ott Tyanak moves to Hyundai in 2020November 1, 2019
Four days after the early title of world rally champion, Ott Tyanak announced his breakup with Toyota at the end of the 2019 season.
As WRC insiders have claimed in the past couple of weeks, the 32-year-old Estonian will be playing for Hyundai from next year, with which he signed a two-year contract.
Tyanak will replace Andreas Mikkelsen in the team of the South Korean concern and will become the second full-time pilot along with Thierry Neuville, while the third i20 Coupe WRC, as in 2019, will be shared by Sebastien Loeb and Dani Sordo.
“I am very pleased to join Hyundai Motorsport,” Tyanak commented. – The plans set forth by Andrea Adamo look promising and correspond to my ambitions. For several seasons we have been rivals. “They always had a competitive team and a car, so now it will be interesting to look at them from the other side.”
- Toyota Supra from “Fast and Furious” movie sold for $ 550,000
- Subaru has announced the new Impreza. The price will remain the same
- A powerful 2JZ engine was installed in a 2004 Ford pickup
- Max Verstappen won the French Grand Prix
- This race features a 2022 Honda Civic, Mazda3 and Toyota Corolla