Officially: Ott Tyanak moves to Hyundai in 2020November 1, 2019
Four days after the early title of world rally champion, Ott Tyanak announced his breakup with Toyota at the end of the 2019 season.
As WRC insiders have claimed in the past couple of weeks, the 32-year-old Estonian will be playing for Hyundai from next year, with which he signed a two-year contract.
Tyanak will replace Andreas Mikkelsen in the team of the South Korean concern and will become the second full-time pilot along with Thierry Neuville, while the third i20 Coupe WRC, as in 2019, will be shared by Sebastien Loeb and Dani Sordo.
“I am very pleased to join Hyundai Motorsport,” Tyanak commented. – The plans set forth by Andrea Adamo look promising and correspond to my ambitions. For several seasons we have been rivals. “They always had a competitive team and a car, so now it will be interesting to look at them from the other side.”
- Porsche 962 is on sale at the 24 Hours of Le Mans
- 2021 Corvette C8 sports coupe unveiled
- Nissan spoke about the new generation of the GT-R R36 supercar
- Peugeot launches a range of motorcycles
- Hyundai Venue will no longer be available with manual transmission