Officially: IndyCar Season Starts June 6thMay 10, 2020
Last night, the organizers of the American formula series IndyCar confirmed the start date for the 2020 season. The first race will take place on June 6 at the Texas Motor Speedway oval.
As stated in an official statement on the IndyCar website, all races – training, qualification and race – will be held in one day. There will be no spectators in the stands, and the race distance will be 200 laps instead of the 248 laps originally planned. Earlier, the one-day format was reported in the NASCAR series, in which the season will resume next week, May 17 in Darlington.
IndyCar management plans to carry out 15 stages in the 2020 season. The main race of the leading US formula series – Indy 500 – is scheduled for August 23. The date of the final race has not yet been determined.
- Forgotten 70s Aston Martin supercar to be restored
- Classic Bentley Blower was assembled from Lego parts
- Nissan starts production of the updated crossover Qashqai
- Acura RDX crossover will be available in an exclusive PMC Edition
- Photos of the Genesis GV70 cross-country salon appeared on the network