Off-road electric pickup RivianMarch 18, 2019
American startup Rivian released a video about the off-road capabilities of its electric pickup R1T, accompanying the video with the text “excellent handling on everything that can be called expensive.” The ground clearance of the Rivian pickup truck is 360 millimeters, the depth of the ford is one meter.
Four electric motors with a total power of 760 horsepower and 1120 Nm of torque are driving the Rivian R1T. From a place up to 60 miles per hour (97 kilometers per hour) pickup accelerates in three seconds, up to 100 miles per hour (160 kilometers per hour) in less than seven seconds. Power reserve on a single charge depends on the battery capacity and varies from 400 to 640 kilometers.
To protect the battery pack, the bottom of the pickup is reinforced with carbon fiber and Kevlar. The peculiarity of the Rivian R1T is a through 350 luggage compartment located between the cabin and the cargo platform. A pickup truck is able to tow a trailer weighing 3,500 kilograms and carry loads weighing up to 800 kilograms.
- Volkswagen has announced the premiere of the new generation “charged” Golf R
- Panasonic is going to release new Tesla batteries
- Citroen has achieved a ban on the sale of Polestar 2 in France
- The rare Mauck MSV 1120s camper is on sale
- The 1975 Ford Bronco with a V8 engine went on sale