Nissan will recall more than 500,000 cars due to massive accidentsSeptember 14, 2019
The crossover Nissan Rogue massively fails automatic emergency braking system. This has already led to 14 accidents, as well as five injured. A total of 843 cases of spontaneous stopping of vehicles were recorded.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) issued a statement announcing a large-scale recall campaign for Nissan cars. The reason was the faulty AEB automatic braking system. This is one of the few cases where a factory defect has led to massive accidents and several injured people.
Problems are fixed on the American versions of the Nissan Rogue and Rogue Sport crossovers of the 2017 and 2018 model years. According to official information, the basic AEB system can spontaneously work at any time. In total, the review will affect 553,860 cars.
The company has already confirmed the information and offer owners to bring cars to dealerships to update the system. As experts noted, this does not give a 100% guarantee of correcting the problem.
Nissan Rogue and Rogue Sport are sold in Russia under the name X-Trail and Qashqai, respectively. As for the recall in other countries, nothing is reported.
- Volkswagen unveils 300 hp Atlas Cross Sport GT crossover powered by Golf R
- Bugatti has released the last copy of the Divo hypercar worth € 5 million
- Toyota issues a ban on the resale of the 2022 Land Cruiser SUV
- American startup may be more expensive than Tesla
- Toyota top manager called electric cars evil