Nissan will equip Qashqai and X-Trail crossovers with Mercedes enginesApril 5, 2020
The production of power units will be established at a joint venture with Dongfeng in China.
Nissan said that the X-Trail and Qashqai crossovers will soon install engines from Mercedes. We are talking about the most advanced 1.3-liter HR13DDT engine. The return of such a power plant is 156 horsepower. The motor was developed by Daimler and the Renault-Nissan-Mitsunishi alliance.
New engine production will be launched in China at a joint venture between Nissan and Dongfeng. The Mercedes-Benz A-Class and B-Ckass cars are equipped with exactly the same power unit, and more recently, the GLA crossover and the new GLB SUV.
A 6-speed manual or 7-speed robot will work as a transmission with such a motor.
- Green Ferrari collection put up for sale
- Volkswagen accused of unfair competition
- Hybrid hypercar McLaren Saber showed on patent images
- Hengchi 1 electric sedan production begins in China
- Volkswagen Group uses Audi brand to catch up with Tesla in electric vehicle production