Nissan Titan pickup truck could be an electric carNovember 21, 2020
Nissan recently updated its Titan and today, November 21, Bloomberg announced that the pickup could be electrified.
So, according to an auto publication, a Japanese corporation to electrify its Titan may turn to a startup Hercules Electric Vehicles, which will provide Nissan with an electric motor in exchange for parts for its own pickup.
Titan sales last year fell by 37.5% to 31,514 units, and from January to September of this year, only 20,000 units were sold. models. It is difficult to say at the present time whether the appearance of an electric option will help increase the volume of sales of a pickup truck.
When Nissan unveiled a plan to revamp its lineup this spring, Nissan pledged to release 12 new products over the next 18 months. And there was no hint that Titan would be among these new models. According to Bloomberg sources familiar with the situation, there is still the possibility that the Japanese automaker and Hercules Electric Vehicles will ultimately fail to agree.
In addition, some time ago it became known that the compact Nissan Micra received an update. It should be emphasized that this vehicle is powered by a 1.0-liter turbocharged engine that meets Euro 6d emission standards.
- New footage from the tests of the powerful Chevrolet Corvette Z06 hit the network
- The compact crossover Hyundai Venue has surpassed the sales of the Suzuki Vitara Brezza
- Bentley posted record quarterly sales. The rich still need new toys
- Cupra to launch D28 Formentor motorboat in Formentor VZ5 crossover style
- Bentley unveils new Continental GT Speed with rear steering system