Nissan may reduce production by 5 timesMay 15, 2020
According to the newspaper Nikkei Asian Review, the Japanese automaker is forced to carry out a significant reorganization, which will reduce car production by 20%.
The Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance plans to revise new car production to increase production profits. Thus, the Japanese Nissan may close production in Barcelona, and a number of its models will be produced at Renault plants in France and other countries. Previously, we have already written that some Nissan models can begin to be produced at the French factory in Moscow.
Partners are exploring the possibility of expanding co-production of cars at other plants in Europe, South America and Southeast Asia.
Note that according to the new anti-crisis strategy Nissan plans to reduce costs by $ 2.8 billion. And one of the “victims” of such a plan may be the budget brand Datsun, the production of which may soon be stopped. In addition, Nissan plans to cut marketing and R&D costs. However, the company promised to present the final plan for its restructuring on May 28.
- Volkswagen has announced the premiere of the new generation “charged” Golf R
- Panasonic is going to release new Tesla batteries
- Citroen has achieved a ban on the sale of Polestar 2 in France
- The rare Mauck MSV 1120s camper is on sale
- The 1975 Ford Bronco with a V8 engine went on sale