Nissan GT-R Technologies Migrated to Altima Sedan MotorsApril 26, 2019
No matter how it sounds ordinary or strange, but most new technologies are used on sports cars and expensive supercars. Subsequently, they are transferred to the engines of the budget segment, also happened with the Nissan engines for Altima.
Experts found out that the new 2.5-liter engine on the Nissan Altima sedan uses technology from the GT-R. Now every owner of a cheap car has a piece of a popular supercar. Thus, in the engines of this model, they abandoned the classic technology of liner coating, instead using the technology of “mirror” cylinders.
This process involves spraying a thin layer of molten iron onto the cylinder walls. This is due to the supply of a jet of molten metal under high pressure using gas. After that, each cylinder is processed and polished to a mirror-like state, which reduces friction and diamond durability of the applied coating.
According to the manufacturer – this leads to less wear, greater engine efficiency, as well as increased durability of the 2.5-liter engine. Power of the power unit without a turbine reaches 182 horsepower. Approximate fuel consumption per 100 km is 6.36 liters.
- Forgotten 70s Aston Martin supercar to be restored
- Classic Bentley Blower was assembled from Lego parts
- Nissan starts production of the updated crossover Qashqai
- Acura RDX crossover will be available in an exclusive PMC Edition
- Photos of the Genesis GV70 cross-country salon appeared on the network