Nissan factory in Barcelona stopped indefinitely due to coronavirusMarch 22, 2020
The Japanese automaker is massively stopping production in countries where the spread of coronavirus is not under control.
According to the press service of the brand, recently the plant in Spanish Barcelona was stopped. Because of this, I had to temporarily lay off about 3 thousand employees. This is due to the massive incidence of COVID-19 and the violation of the supply of components to the enterprise.
Currently, the timing of the resumption of the enterprise is not reported. Note that earlier Nissan closed several plants in the US and the UK.
Among the last automakers to temporarily suspend their factory, was Tesla. So, at enterprises in Fremont and New York, about 75% of employees were sent on forced leave.
- The Germans showed a unique modular autonomous car DLR U-Shift
- Hyundai hints at Tucson N
- The Swedes showed the electric bike Kalk OR
- Chinese tuners add aggression to Tesla Model X
- Rare Volkswagen Camper Van will be auctioned off