Nissan faced new challengesJanuary 30, 2019
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) began checking Nissan just a few days after the CEO’s resignation. An investigation is underway regarding the payment of various rewards to the company’s management.
It was initiated after the chairman of the board of directors, Carlos Ghosn, was arrested. Numerous charges have been brought against him, including withholding 88 million US dollars.
The investigation added to the problems faced by the automaker. In addition, Nissan begins searching for a new CEO.
The decision of the head of Nissan Hiroto Saikawa to resign was expected amid the scandal with Carlos Ghosn. He was harshly criticized because he played a significant role in the arrest and prosecution of his former mentor.
At a press conference, Saikawa said it was time to “pass the baton.” He also noted that he “fully respects” the new management team at Renault, but it seems that Nissan intends to “play a more active role in the alliance”, moving ahead.
- Bis Industries will launch the Rexx dump truck
- Nissan has begun restructuring its business
- Fiat is preparing to release a new version of the electric car 500 EV
- Audi’s new technologies will make roads safer
- Toyota Camry 2021 will receive a complete set of XSE Hybrid