Nissan appoints new brand head in ChinaOctober 8, 2019
Makoto Uchida will become the new CEO, and Ashwani Gupta appointed Chief Operating Officer.
Uchida and Gupta are expected to work together as a group leader, unlike the authoritarian style of former Nissan chairman Carlos Ghosn. Nissan has appointed Makoto Uchida, the head of its important Chinese division, as its next president and CEO, helping the company hit by the scandal to open a new chapter after the arrest of former chairman Carlos Ghosn and the resignation of former CEO Hiroto Saikawa last month.
Nissan veteran with experience in joint procurement with Renault partner, Uchida, 55 years old, opens a young generation of leaders, many of whom are hoping to pave a new path. The appointment will take place no later than January 1, 2020, as the press service of Nissan said on Tuesday. Uchida will be led by Yasuhiro Yamauchi, who has served as interim president since Saikawa resigned on September 16.
- Schumacher was taken from a house in Switzerland
- Mercedes-AMG unveils sports stroller
- GMC Terrain and Chevy Equinox crossovers can be purchased with a new engine
- Watch the blistering acceleration of a 700-horsepower VW Sharan minivan
- Showed the luxury Chinese supercrossover HiPhi X