NIO installs first 2nd generation battery replacement station in BeijingApril 20, 2021
Chinese electric vehicle manufacturer NIO has unveiled its latest generation battery replacement station.
The station was created as part of a partnership between NIO and Sinopec. The first one was created in Beijing. This second generation station is the first of its kind to allow a vehicle to automatically enter a station.
Each NIO Power Swap Station 2.0 is equipped with 239 sensors and four interoperable cloud computing systems, allowing users to swap the battery themselves with a click from inside the vehicle. The system can replace up to 312 batteries per day, which is three times faster than the first generation station.
With NIO’s help, the company plans to install 5,000 battery charging and replacement stations throughout China.
In addition to collaborating to create Power Swap Station 2.0, Sinopec and NIO signed a strategic partnership where the brand will interact in areas such as new materials, smart electric vehicle technology, battery as a service, and car shopping and convenience.
Sinopec added that it is moving from traditional sales of petroleum products to an integrated energy service provider for oil, gas, hydrogen, electricity and other businesses.
Read also that the NIO ES6 electric SUV passed the Nürburgring test.
- The renderings presented the radical evolution of the design of the Chevy Silverado pickup
- Details about the extreme sedan BMW M3 CS have appeared
- The new Toyota Corolla Cross crossover is being tested on US roads
- Nissan will not be able to produce half a million cars due to a shortage of chips
- The new Opel and Vauxhall Vivaro-e received a hydrogen unit with a range of 400 km