Niki Lauda’s Formula 1 car put up for auctionJune 22, 2019
Ferrari 312T, which helped the outstanding Austrian pilot to become a champion of Formula 1 in the 1975 season, will sell for $ 8 million
Auction house Gooding & Company will put up for sale a three-time Formula 1 champion car – an outstanding Austrian pilot Nika Lauda. For the car are going to gain about $ 8 million.
It is about the Ferrari 312T with the chassis number 022, which in 1975. Lauda won the French Grand Prix, finished second to the Dutch Grand Prix and finished third on the podium following the German Grand Prix. At all five stages of the 1975 season, in which this car participated, the Austrian won the pole position.
Niki Lauda was directly involved in the development of the 312T after the disastrous 312B, which did not bring the Ferrari team a single victory in the Constructors’ Championship and not a single championship. At the same time, together with the next car 312T, the Italian team, together with Lauda, won the championship and won the constructors’ championship for the first time since 1964.
Three-time Formula One champion Niki Lauda died on May 20, 2019 at the age of 70, after undergoing a lung transplantation a year earlier after a serious infectious disease.
- Formula 1 Champion to compete in EV racing for the first time
- Tesla accused another employee of stealing classified data
- The exclusive Maybach 57S is up for sale. His customer could be Gaddafi
- Updated Toyota Highlander 2021 goes on sale for the first time in Europe
- New Hyundai Bayon B-SUV crossover spotted in spy photos