Nico Muller wins Saturday’s DTM at LausitzringAugust 25, 2019
Audi pilot Nico Muller won the first DTM race at the Lauzitzring after retreating his main rival in the championship, overall standings leader Rene Rast.
Rast started from the pole position and led the first seven laps until he dropped out due to technical problems. This allowed Müller to seize leadership and rush forward. By the finish, the Swiss came off two and a half seconds from the closest pursuer Robin Frains.
In a duel for third place at the end of the race, Mike Rockenfeller emerged as the winner, leaving behind the best of BMW pilots Marco Wittmann. Closed the top 5 teammate Wittmann at the end of Philip Eng.
Loic Duvall, Pietro Fittipaldi, Joel Ericsson, Bruno Spengler and Jamie Green completed the top ten at the finish.
In the championship, Rast, despite the gathering, retained the lead and is 14 points ahead of Mueller. Wittman is the third with a lag of 60 points.
- Bill Gates doesn’t believe in electric cars
- Two Lamborghini Sian hybrid supercars arrive in London
- Peugeot introduced the updated crossovers Peugeot 3008 and 5008
- SSC Tuatara hypercar sets new world speed record
- Diesel cars will disappear before gasoline ones