Nico Muller wins Saturday’s DTM at LausitzringAugust 25, 2019
Audi pilot Nico Muller won the first DTM race at the Lauzitzring after retreating his main rival in the championship, overall standings leader Rene Rast.
Rast started from the pole position and led the first seven laps until he dropped out due to technical problems. This allowed Müller to seize leadership and rush forward. By the finish, the Swiss came off two and a half seconds from the closest pursuer Robin Frains.
In a duel for third place at the end of the race, Mike Rockenfeller emerged as the winner, leaving behind the best of BMW pilots Marco Wittmann. Closed the top 5 teammate Wittmann at the end of Philip Eng.
Loic Duvall, Pietro Fittipaldi, Joel Ericsson, Bruno Spengler and Jamie Green completed the top ten at the finish.
In the championship, Rast, despite the gathering, retained the lead and is 14 points ahead of Mueller. Wittman is the third with a lag of 60 points.
- Tuned Porsche 944 will be sold at auction
- Exclusive Lamborghini Aventador SVJ 63 Roadster covered with protective film
- There was a teaser for the Italian supercar Taraschi Berardo
- Beijing Radiance concept unveiled at Beijing Auto Show
- 2021 Dacia Sandero and Logan unveiled