NHTSA discovered problems in Cadillac XLRFebruary 14, 2019
The US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration opens an investigation into the Cadillac XLR because it has received at least 10 complaints that the sunroof could be torn off while driving.
The investigation will affect 2004 and 2005 models. “This is due to the poor quality of the glue used to mount the panel on the roof,” notes NHTSA.
The safety regulator is aware of seven cases in which the outer panel is separated from the inner frame. “I was driving my 2005 Cadillac XLR … when the roof suddenly and completely unexpectedly separated. This happened at a speed of about 112 km / h. I heard a very loud knock and strong wind noise. I immediately looked in the rearview mirror and saw a large black object, which was tumbling through several lanes, ”reports one of the car owners.
- MINI confirms production of electric crossover
- Chevrolet K5 Blazer turned into an electric car
- Electric Kia Soul brought to the “moose test”
- The interior of the Porsche Panamera Turbo S has been improved
- Ferrari is testing a mysterious prototype