New Yorkers forced to pay for new platesAugust 25, 2019
The authorities of the US state of New York decided to change the design of car plates. However, some residents will have to change the plates to new ones forcibly.
In New York, the renewal of car plates is coming: to select one of five design options, the authorities organized an open vote on the Internet for state residents. However, the Americans, instead of voting for the most beautiful signs, accused the state government of trying once again to cash in on ordinary citizens. The fact is that car owners over 10 years old will have to change their plates to new ones and pay $ 25 for it.
Authorities decided to consider rooms older than 10 years old to become unusable: they really exfoliate and rust, but New Yorkers blame the state on this in the person of the manufacturer of the defective plates, and not the owners of the cars. In addition, the police will now charge a fee of $ 20 for maintaining the plate when registering. In total, more than 11 million cars are registered in the state of New York.
- Connected car sales are growing despite chip shortages
- Drag racing – VW Golf R 2021 versus the “charged” Audi RS6 Avant wagon
- Drag racing – powerful sedan Mercedes-AMG E63 S versus the “charged” station wagon Audi RS6
- Toyota patents new twin-turbo V8 engine
- Tesla Cybertruck electric pickup prototype spotted in New York