New Volkswagen Tarek spotted without camouflageMarch 16, 2020
In Mexico, during the tests, a global version of the Chinese Volkswagen Tharu was seen, which debuted in 2018.
Recall that according to the original plan of Volkswagen, the Tharu crossover was to become global. However, after almost 2 years of sales, the model remained the prerogative of the Celestial market. But the other day it became clear that this will change soon – the global version, which will be called Tarek, was noticed during tests in Mexico.
Judging by the pictures, the model will differ from its Chinese “brother” in the design of the front and rear: it has other bumpers, optics, a radiator grille and taillights. The “face” of the Mexican crossover has lost its resemblance to the full-size Volkswagen Teramont. According to preliminary information, the Mexican Tarek and Chinese Tharu will have the same wheelbase (2681 mm) and similar length (4468 m), and the main power unit for Latin America will be the 1.4-liter turbocharged TSI, the pair of which will be a classic “automatic”. The debut of the crossover will take place in the second half of the year.
- Honda CR-V, Accord and NSX will go electric
- Alibaba founded e-mobility startup in China with SAIC
- What will the Renault Megane look like when it switches to electricity?
- Lotus partner to create lithium-sulfur battery for luxury boat
- See the giant Mad Max snow blower for Pikes Peak