New Volkswagen Jetta Delays ProductionApril 26, 2020
The Volkswagen Group decided to extend the suspension of work at its Puebla plant in Mexico at least until May 18 due to the ongoing pandemic of the coronavirus, the company said on Friday.
The German automaker’s factory in Silao, Mexico, was also temporarily shut down, and the company said it had not yet decided when it could resume work. A possible restart at both plants will be “gradual and with strict hygiene measures,” the statement said.
Volkswagen is one of the world’s largest manufacturers to respond to a sharp drop in demand, as well as supply chain problems after public health measures taken by governments to curb the pandemic.
- 1991 Ford Bronco, which has not been removed from the factory film, is for sale
- A prototype of the updated Honda Accord 2021 was spotted on tests
- Hyundai will have a division to develop walking machines
- Tesla Model 3 for the police paid for itself in a year
- Chery Arrizo Star showed ample customization options