New Volkswagen Golf R prepares for debutApril 10, 2020
A “charged” hatchback is being tested in northern Europe.
The other day, spy shots of the new Volkswagen Golf R appeared on the Web. The eighth generation of the model is currently undergoing winter tests. Judging by the photos, the main external features of the new product that distinguish it from the standard hatchback will be an understated suspension and an aggressive aerodynamic body kit.
In particular, in front of the new product will receive a modified bumper with a special design of air intakes, and in the back – a diffuser and a pair of twin exhaust pipes. For branded five-spoke wheels, larger brakes are installed complete with blue calipers, on which the letter “R” flaunts.
The interior will also repeat to a greater extent the interior of the standard Golf, with the exception of sports seats, a sloping steering wheel and a blue LED strip of atmospheric interior lighting.
It is expected that the German “beast” will be driven by a 2.0-liter engine, the output of which will be at least 330 hp. Perhaps to achieve such a return, the automaker uses a starter-generator or an electric compressor. As a transmission – an uncontested DSG-7. The drive is only full 4Motion proprietary.
The world premiere of the new Volkswagen Golf R will take place before the end of 2020. More precise terms are not yet at risk to predict even unofficial sources.
- Financial bubble may emerge in the electric car market
- Lamborghini Jarama, a charismatic sports car, celebrates its 50th anniversary
- Tesla wants to build third-generation charging stations in China
- Volkswagen will stop selling Passat sedan in Europe
- Tesla is already worth more than $ 550 billion – it entered the Top 6 most valuable companies in the US