New Volkswagen Golf 8 equipped with ID.3 infotainment systemSeptember 13, 2019
Initially, the eighth-generation Golf was supposed to debut in Frankfurt with ID.3, but then the automaker changed their plans and decided to postpone the debut in October.
This decision was made in part because there were some problems with the development. Although the new Golf did not show up at the IAA, the official visualization of the compact hatchback can be found in every single ID.3 that VW shows in Frankfurt.
If we talk about what is known about the new Golf, then, as we saw in the spy shots, it has lights that extend to the wings. This could not hide even a disguise.
The design is not much different from the current generation of the model, but this should be expected, because Golf has traditionally been a car of the series and received minor updates from one generation to another. Although the exetrier will clearly evolve, the cabin will change quite dramatically, as spy photos have shown that it will have very little in common with the model that it should replace.
- The dynamics of the new BMW M5 CS showed on video
- Ferrari brought the mysterious Ferrari GTC4Lusso to tests
- Cupra Formentor will receive a cyclist detection function
- Chief Process Engineer becomes the new CEO of Lotus
- Polestar releases wireless update for Polestar 2