New Toyota GR 86 front bumper design revealedJanuary 21, 2021
Just a few months ago, Subaru unveiled its all-new BRZ, and now we can take a look at the exterior of its future Toyota twin ahead of its debut.
Patent applications have been filed with IP Australia and they fully reveal the front bumper design from every angle. In typical Toyota styling, it has a wide center grille with air intakes on either side that serve as air ducts to direct air past the front wheels.
The design isn’t too different from the Toyota GR Yaris, and the similarity could mean the next-generation car will also get a GR performance. In fact, if we take a close look at the top right corner of the grill, it looks like there is a slot for such an icon.
Interestingly, while this bumper only serves as a first glimpse into the design of the new car, this GR 86 seems to be more like other Toyota than BRZ to other Subaru.
The all-new Toyota 86 is expected to be unveiled over the next few months.
- Porsche may return to Formula 1
- Mercedes-Benz has published the first teaser of the new EQS
- In Singapore, cars with internal combustion engines will be banned by 2025
- Geely and Mercedes-Benz to unveil Smart electric crossover concept
- Lamborghini reveals details of its new Huracan STO