New Toyota GR 86 front bumper design revealedJanuary 21, 2021
Just a few months ago, Subaru unveiled its all-new BRZ, and now we can take a look at the exterior of its future Toyota twin ahead of its debut.
Patent applications have been filed with IP Australia and they fully reveal the front bumper design from every angle. In typical Toyota styling, it has a wide center grille with air intakes on either side that serve as air ducts to direct air past the front wheels.
The design isn’t too different from the Toyota GR Yaris, and the similarity could mean the next-generation car will also get a GR performance. In fact, if we take a close look at the top right corner of the grill, it looks like there is a slot for such an icon.
Interestingly, while this bumper only serves as a first glimpse into the design of the new car, this GR 86 seems to be more like other Toyota than BRZ to other Subaru.
The all-new Toyota 86 is expected to be unveiled over the next few months.
- Honda unveils new HR-V hybrid for Europe ahead of late 2021 launch
- Hyundai froze assembly of Kona EV over fire recall
- MINI refreshes John Cooper Works convertible
- Audi introduced the electric crossover Audi Q6 e-tron
- The first pictures of the new Toyota Land Cruiser 300 appeared on the web