New Subaru WRX STI will receive 400 hp powerFebruary 24, 2020
This will be a redesigned powerplant variation that is available in Subaru Ascent, Legacy and Outback.
The next-generation Subaru WRX STI can get a 2.4-liter four-cylinder turbocharged engine with a return of 400 horsepower and 490 Newton-meters of torque.
A version of this unit is already available in Subaru Ascent and Outback and Legacy turbocharged versions, with 260 hp. and 376 Nm of torque. An insider indicates that the STI option will receive stronger internal components, revised valves and greater gain, which will significantly increase power.
Subie engineers are supposed to compare this new engine with the Mercedes-AMG turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine M139 from cars like the A45 and CLA 45. In the top-end assembly, it produces an impressive 416 hp. and 500 Nm.
Rumors suggest that the WRX will premiere in late 2020, and a recent report hints that STI will appear a bit later.
- Hamilton broke Schumacher’s “eternal” record, setting a historic achievement
- Drag racing: new Audi RS3 vs old Mitsubishi Evo 8
- The network has an image of the updated Nissan Rogue Sport
- Hypercar Mercedes-AMG One will receive more than 1200 horsepower
- US enthusiasts have made a unique car out of a GMC Sierra pickup