New Porsche 911 has become the most profitable carSeptember 12, 2019
The 8th generation Porsche 911 sports car (992) was the brand’s most profitable model in 2019, Bloomberg reports. The company “earned” on the model 2.47 billion dollars, which is almost a third – 30 percent – of the total profit of the brand.
As for the number of cars sold, the 911th accounts for about 11 percent of the total Porsche cars sold. The company managed to achieve this result largely thanks to an extensive line of model modifications.
For comparison, the Ferrari F8 Tributo brings the Italian company only 17 percent of the profit, Aston Martin DBX is sold in the amount of 4.5 thousand units, and the income from it is 21 percent of the total.
The world premiere of the new generation Porsche 911 took place last November. The model was designed from scratch, the interior design changed, aft and longitudinal ribs and an LED strip connecting the taillights appeared. The engine range includes improved supercharged engine of its predecessor, including a three-liter “six” with a capacity of 450 horsepower. From zero to hundreds, the coupe accelerates in 3.7 seconds, and the all-wheel drive Carrera 4S does it 0.1 seconds faster.
- The renderings presented the radical evolution of the design of the Chevy Silverado pickup
- Details about the extreme sedan BMW M3 CS have appeared
- The new Toyota Corolla Cross crossover is being tested on US roads
- Nissan will not be able to produce half a million cars due to a shortage of chips
- The new Opel and Vauxhall Vivaro-e received a hydrogen unit with a range of 400 km