New Nissan logo debuts with Ariya electric SUVJuly 22, 2021
Like Volkswagen, Nissan has introduced a new logo to kickstart the electric vehicle revolution.
The updated logo uses a more minimalist design with thinner lines and a narrower typeface instead of the framed “Nissan” lettering that has appeared on the company’s badge since the 1960s. The company’s CEO, Makoto Uchida, describes the updated logo as “futuristic, while maintaining a connection to Nissan’s rich heritage.”
Volkswagen recently took a similar stance with its brand, releasing an equally minimal redesign of its logo to coincide with the launch of the first electric vehicle, the ID.3 hatchback.
The redesigned Nissan badge will appear for the first time on the stern of the new Ariya EV, which is due to hit UK dealerships within the next 18 months. In the coming months, it will gradually expand to the entire fleet of the company.
- Israeli electric brand Ree Automotive to establish production in the USA
- Updated crossover KIA Soul 2023 with internal combustion engine showed in the first photos
- Photospin photographed the electric Genesis Electrified GV70 while charging
- Will the 2021 Ford Bronco beat the Jeep Wrangler in drag racing?
- Introduced cool restomod based on Jeep Grand Wagoneer SUV